ABBS Founder Roger Sloman and R&D Manager Brian Coaker are visiting the USA from May 13th to the 21st to present a Technical Paper and run a stand at an eVTOL/helicopter conference in Philadelphia.
Following the Philadelphia Conference they have lined up some important meetings, including:
- TARDEC to discuss the next developments in the current long-term US Army R&D contract, and the order for nine more test rocket motors worth $275,000.
- General Dynamics Land Systems (who make the Abrams M1 tank and other armoured vehicles) to update them on the latest developments. They are developing a new flat-bottomed vehicle which would be a very suitable candidate for our composite reinforced belly plate designs.
- A M General (who have made over 300,000 HUMVEE’s) with whom we have a Technical Assistance Agreement. They are carrying out simulations using our rocket motors thrust data and possibly doing some testing.
- Navistar (who make a current in-service US Army vehicle and also Special Forces vehicles based on such as Ford 150 Pickups.) There could be significant interest in ABBS’s potential 6kg mine system for these lightweight vehicles.
- Two other armoured vehicle operations that can’t be named – one has a potential major Head of State vehicle programme in which the use of ABBS’s rocket motors will be essential. The other is reputed to design/build the US Presidents’ vehicle, as well as other special protected civilian vehicles.
Roger and Brian will return to the States in June to attend the invitation-only UBER Elevate Summit in Washington, where almost everyone involved in the eVTOL market will be present.
Click here to see more on this opportunity.